History of Jindřichov na Moravě
Jindřichov na Moravě was founded in 1953 and belongs to the Šumperk
district, although the name Jindřichov first appeared at the end
of 1862. The evidence of this is the document submitted to the then
district authority in Vizmberk (currently Loučná) on 25. 11. 1862,
and the processing document of the district authority from 10. 12. 1862.
It was the name of a small settlement around a paper mill which
started to be built in place of an old water mill that year.
The municipality was formed by merging the settlement Pleče (part
of Habartice), the entire village of Pusté Žibřidovice with
settlements Pekařov and Sklenné, part of Hanušovice,
Vikantice, and Nové Losiny. Each of these parts has
its own history.
In 2000, Pusté Žibřidovice celebrated the 675th anniversary of its
foundation. Habartice was added to Jindřichov in 1968, and the remaining
part of Nové Losiny with the settlements Labe and Františkov were
added in 1976, so Jindřichov had 1472 inhabitants and covered an
area of 48.5 km2 at the beginning of 1980s. The municipality's development
was most influenced by the cellulose and paper plant, especially
by its purposeful construction of housing for its employees. The
first 52 flats were given for use to the families of the cellulose
and paper plant employees in the new locations Kozmálov (named after
the general manager Kozmál) and Rakousko (which means Austria in
Czech - named after the type purchased in Austria) in 1951.
The plant built additional 12 buildings with 48 flats in Nová Kolonie
in 1961, with additional 6 prefab flats in the Rakousko estate and
5 prefab detached houses near Nová Kolonie at the turn of 1970.
2 more prefab houses ("okal" type) with four housing units were
built in l981. 16 additional flats were finished in 1981, and 32
flats were finished in spring 1982 as in the form of a cooperative.
The kindergarten, nursery, and health centre were built in 1965
above the saw mill, currently serving as a primary school, kindergarten,
school canteen, and health centre of the general practitioner, dentist's
office, paediatrician's office, and antenatal clinic.
The prefab blocks of flats above Stará Kolonie were finished in
1992 (2 cooperative blocks with 46 flats, and 1 state-owned with
23 flats), which solved the housing crisis for some time. The management
of the state farm also took care of its employees, and built 2 blocks
with ten flats in 1973. The inhabitants of Jindřichov built themselves
the Community Centre in 1976 - 78, to which the offices of local
authority were moved, and where a large conference room was furnished;
there is also a gym with a stage, and a pub ion the ground floor.
The House of Services was built in 1982 - 84, with a post office,
pharmacy, confectioner's, hairdresser's, newsagent's, chemist's,
local library, and the Pensioner's Club library.
A grocer's was built in a prefab house ("okal" type), and a pub
with a butcher's on the ground floor opposite the grocer's in Pusté
Žibřidovice. Both buildings were sold to Jednota and are currently
out of service. There were two schools in Habartice after the liberation,
one by the church which was given to the state farm and served as
accommodation for seasonal workers during grain and potato harvest,
the other one in Pleče which was closed due to lack of pupils and
is currently being converted into 10 flats. Another school, in Pusté
Žibřidovice, has also been closed and converted into flats. The
school in Nové Losiny was converted into a retirement home in 1982
with 14 beds in 13 rooms.
There are churches in Jindřichov - in Pusté Žibřidovice, Nové Losiny,
and Habartice, and a little church in Pekařov. There were presbyteries
by the churches in Pusté Žibřidovice and Nové Losiny, which were
sold and currently serve for recreational purposes. The pub in Habartice
was closed, the U nádraží restaurant is still open, and newly includes
a grocer's, and grocer's shops have been restored in Nové Losiny
and in Pusté Žibřidovice.
HOTEL ** Na Trojce, vCard: Hotel Na Trojce
Pusté Žibřidovice 3, 788 23 Jindřichov, JESENÍKY, Czech Republic
tel.: +420 739 370 613 (24/7 reception desk), +420 583 283 424
fax: +420 545 245 525